Friday, December 16, 2011

Golden Hall Mall


Today was an early start for us. My aunt needed to go to a hospital to do some tests and rather than leaving us all at home, she decided to take us with her to Athens. This meant being up at 6am and out the door at 6:30am. Yeah, I’m not much of a morning person, but since this meant that we’d see some things in Athens, I wanted to come along.
I'm still not used to seeing palm trees randomly growing here and there. Whenever I'd see palms in pictures or videos, they make me think of exotic places. How about these weird trees dipping right into the traffic?!
After a lengthy wait in the car, we got to the Golden Hall Mall, it’s close to the Olympic Stadium. Since I didn't get a closer view, here's the Olympic Stadium in the background of this parking lot.
Golden Hall Mall, I think they're ready for Christmas, but for me it's rather strange to have sunny weather and almost 20 degrees Celsius and try to get into the Christmas spirit.
Outside of the mall, there are some cool things to see - this old vehicle...
... a fountain to sit down at and enjoy the weather...
... a carousel for the kiddies.
Inside the mall, do you see what I see?
Yes, for those coffee freaks, they have Starbucks Coffee here! Since I don't like coffee, this did nothing for me.
I’m not sure how the locals can afford the prices that I saw in the stores there. This mall is filled with expensive stores, including Chanel, Salvatore Ferragamo, Rolex and more. 

Outside of the mall, I saw this little car I thought was cool, it's a Mini.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment